Re: [opensuse-support] zypper update failed after power outage
On 2018-07-06 08:15, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
After an unexpected power outage during an update I have run into a problem.
The zypper dup stops right after checking for file conflicts (no conflicts)
with following information :

Installation of openSUSE-Addon-NonOss-release-2014-324.1.x86_64 failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: can't create transaction
lock on /var/lib/rpm/.rpm.lock (Read-only file system)

Verify the output of the "mount" command if the filesystem is indeed
"read only" and then find out why.

Retry does not produce a different output and ignore give me a whole riddle
of
similar remarks
zypper clean && zypper ref && zypper dup do not solve a thing.

Any ideas for a repair?

Well, the error message is clear...