Re: [opensuse-support] zypper update failed after power outage
Constant Brouerius van Nidek composed on 2018-07-06 13:15 (UTC+0700):

After an unexpected power outage during an update I have run into a problem.
The zypper dup stops right after checking for file conflicts (no conflicts)
with following information :

Installation of openSUSE-Addon-NonOss-release-2014-324.1.x86_64 failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: can't create transaction
lock on /var/lib/rpm/.rpm.lock (Read-only file system)

Filesystem corruption on power failure is anything but unusual. You have to cure
the readonly filesystem problem before you can accomplish anything else. There
are lots of Google hits explaining how to solve and repair / filesystem
corruption causing readonly state.

Retry does not produce a different output and ignore give me a whole riddle
of
similar remarks
zypper clean && zypper ref && zypper dup do not solve a thing.

Any ideas for a repair?--

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/