Re: [opensuse-support] snapper question
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 12:32 PM, Bengt Gördén <bengan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Den 2018-06-19 kl. 10:43, skrev Constant Brouerius van Nidek:
On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:11:04 PM WIB Axel Braun wrote:
Am 19. Juni 2018 07:28:29 MESZ schrieb Constant Brouerius van Nidek
<constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On a newly installed Tumbleweed I choose BtRFS and XFS as my
file-system.
As I found with former installations this would automatically make a
hidden
directory /.snapshots and starts the usage of snapper.
My latest installation did not finish a snapper setup and I am stuck
with a
instruction of reading the man snapper. Read it and I am not much
wiser.
The yast snapper is not able to help me out either.
What is the instruction in order to have a functioning snapper?

Not that I needed to go through this but I believe it's the official doc
for it.

https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/reference/html/book.opensuse.reference/cha.snapper.html#sec.snapper.setup

That only describes how to configure snapshots. That is always
possible. Rollback OTOH requires different subvolume layout which must
be prepared before installation itself starts. While it is possible to
do later, there is no step by step instructions I am aware of. As it
is new installation, it is much easier to repeat it making sure
snapshots are actually enabled during installation.