Re: [opensuse-support] KMail fails to start on Leap 15
  • From: "Knurpht@openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 23:07:01 +0200
Op maandag 18 juni 2018 21:45:07 CEST schreef Axel Braun:
Hello all,

ever since I moved one machine from Leap 42.3 to 15, I encounter issues with
high disk load and akonadi-traffic.

This morning kmail failed to start completely. Message:
The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
Failed to fetch the resource collection.

What I tried: akonadictl vaccum/fsck - no change
backup of ~/.local/share/akonadi and ~/.config/akonadi, changing the DB
driver in akonadiserverrc to postgres and starting again - same issue
remains

In akonadiconsole I can see that it is re-syncing all files. Nevertheless,
kmail fails to start.

Any idea what I could try?

Thanks
Axel
Yep. Is all email IMAP? If so, stop akonadi, remove the current ~/.local/
share/akonadi and start akonadi. It should rebuild the entire database.

FWIW If this was a Leap 15 specific issue, some ~20 customers should have
called. The only one that did was reporting he was amazed about not having any
issues. Any additional repos involved?
In the beginning of a new config some load might be expected. The database and
the search indexing has to be redone.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member