Re: [opensuse-support][TW] mount.nfs: error: no such device
On 2018-06-17 03:08, Felix Miata wrote:
20180613, but was happening prior to today's upgrade from 20180410. Same PC
has
had two TW installations for more than two years. This happens only one one of
them. Host 'lanserver' is running 42.3. This NFS mounting that works on one
but
not the other is "normally" occurring by running an alias from ~/.bashrc that
is
much too old to remember, and also refers to several fstab entries.

# showmount -e lanserver
/public 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
# mount -t nfs lanserver:/public /mnt/ls/public
mount.nfs: No such device
# mount -t nfs 192.168.#.#:/public /mnt/ls/public
mount.nfs: No such device

No messages regarding nfs show up in journalctl or dmesg. What device? How do
figure out why I'm getting this message instead of a successful NFS mount?

Try with "mount -v ..." and the rest of your commands, to obtain verbose
info. I would guess it refers to the "device" listed by showmount.

Look up also in the server logs.