Re: [opensuse-support] firewalld nfs libreoffice

Thanks andrew,

Am 12.06.2018 um 18:32 schrieb Andrew Colvin:
Not answering your question directly but firewalld's nfs profile is only for
nfsv4 you need to include nfs3 as well to cover the udp ports

Am 12.06.2018 um 18:23 schrieb Simon Becherer
i have not changed anything to my nfs settings.

how made the trick to let firewalld find and open this dynamically changing
port-numbers as (it must be i think) susefirewall2 has done
automatically???????????

or is the only solution to gave here fix numbers? i found hundred of hits at
a search, but this would be a back-step in compare to susefirewall2 and this
i will not believe....

for the hint, but thats not the point, i found now
(after another 2 hours) that there's a package called:
firewalld-rpcbind-helper

and inside the README.md file of this package i found:

=========================

... snip:

While most features of *SuSEfirewall2* have an equivalent in *firewalld* there
is one major feature missing: The support for rpcbind based protocols like
NFSv3 and ypserv/ypbind.

... snip

==========================
with other words, its a back-step: there is no possibility to get
firewalld running with the nfs3-stuff-random-ports assigned over rpcbind
=========================

and if anybody else read this, i really try to use correct mail-lists,
try to be a part of the community, and try also to help to others if i know
something.
now let me say, i am disappointed about this list, IF this should be the
"official support list" of opensuse, then there should be some official
guys around, and - after now knowing what my problem is and after
also found a official document who explain it,
this problem should be, for official guy's, easy to point me to this,
because it seems also related to updates to leap 15.

for me it waste nearly the whole day with digging blind around....
of course learned a lot but the learning would be also done in a half
an hour after point me to this.

and of course i know, there is no law to get help here.

but with all the discussions of this list...., - i get now off topic and will
stop-

simoN

- --
www.becherer.de