Re: [opensuse-support] X takes too much CPU when the screen of xfreerdp is heavily updated
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 22:44:43 +0100
On Monday, 4 June 2018 17:22:25 BST Hendrik Woltersdorf wrote:
I've seen high cpu usage in xfreerdp, when the app on the remote site
made use of GPU acceleration; in my case it was firefox.

Thank you, Hendrik. That makes sense because I was doing some CAD operations
that caused much screen refreshing/updating.

One option, you could try, is : /network:auto
I got this recommendation from the upstream developers, but don't expect
any miracles.
Do you mean that my local machine was struggling to keep up with the updated
screen? I tried the option but no effect.

I heard that xfreerdp transfers screen as screenshots from remote to local and
displays them for local screen. Maybe the problem is that `X` takes too much
resource to show the images?