Re: [opensuse-support] X takes too much CPU when the screen of xfreerdp is heavily updated
Am 04.06.2018 um 10:11 schrieb H Zeng:
Hi there,

I used xfreerdp to connect to a Windows 7 desktop to do some work. When the
screen from that desktop has something to keep updating, such as the busily
refreshed highlighting of elements in a 3D model, the X process in my
openSUSE
desktop takes full CPU time of a core.

The options I used for `xfreerdp` are like these,
```
/rfx /jpeg-quality:60 /codec-cache:rfx /audio-mode:2 -wallpaper +clipboard
+compression /size:1366x1024 /bpp:16
```

And I am using KDE on Tumbleweed and all related packages are from OSS.

Is that normal?

Cheers,
Zeng

I've seen high cpu usage in xfreerdp, when the app on the remote site
made use of GPU acceleration; in my case it was firefox.

One option, you could try, is : /network:auto
I got this recommendation from the upstream developers, but don't expect
any miracles.

Hendrik