[opensuse-support] X takes too much CPU when the screen of xfreerdp is heavily updated
  • From: H Zeng <zhx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 09:11:41 +0100
Hi there,

I used xfreerdp to connect to a Windows 7 desktop to do some work. When the
screen from that desktop has something to keep updating, such as the busily
refreshed highlighting of elements in a 3D model, the X process in my openSUSE
desktop takes full CPU time of a core.

The options I used for `xfreerdp` are like these,
```
/rfx /jpeg-quality:60 /codec-cache:rfx /audio-mode:2 -wallpaper +clipboard
+compression /size:1366x1024 /bpp:16
```

And I am using KDE on Tumbleweed and all related packages are from OSS.

Is that normal?

Cheers,
Zeng