Re: [opensuse-support] Font fun
Wolfgang Rosenauer composed on 2018-06-03 23:12 (UTC+0200):

I'm pretty familiar with openSUSE and I can solve many issues when I
install new versions.

What I will never understand is font configuration though.

Neither I do fully understand how to configure it...

I suspect few do or ever will. I acquired enough grasp to get by on too many
moons ago to remember. I globally configure the three basic fallback fonts via
/etc/fonts/conf.d/5#-post-user.conf. My two most recent incarnations are 2 & 5
years old:

http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/Linux/57-post-user.conf2012 9.5kb
http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/Linux/57-post-user.conf2016 1.5kb

Simply move to or insert your favorite of each type at the top of each of the
three alias lists (serif, sans-serif, monospace). I never did decide if any
particular number was best to use. In 42.3 it's 57, but I've used 55, 56, 58 &
59 as well over the years. The installed fonts nearest the tops of these lists
are what desktop settings and web browsers will use any time generics are
specified, thus what I get in desktop and e.g. Mozilla app UI.

HTH :-)

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/