[opensuse-summit] Re: The result of call for host of openSUSE.Asia Summit 2019
  • From: medwinz <medwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 21:56:30 +0700
On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:48 PM Ana Martínez <anamma06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Congratulations Indonesia team! Thanks a lot to both teams for the effort and
eagerness put in the proposals.

Hi Ana,

Thanks. It means we should work hard to make it happens :-)

The openSUSE.Asia Organization Committee has proved in the last years not
only to take the best decisions to spread openSUSE all around Asia but to be
an ideal example of what community organized conference means. I think (and I
believe that the rest board members agree with me) that a decision made by
the openSUSE.Asia Organization Committee doesn't need the approval of the
board and that you have all our support! The only thing missing is the
sponsorship which involves SUSE as well. The board have already publicly
expressed its desire of increasing openSUSE.Asia TSP budget (as you can read
in our meeting minutes [1]), but this is of course not official until SUSE
approves it. Do you have a budget estimation or any other detail we should be
aware of? Is there any timeline for the sponsorship approval?

From the local committee point of view 2 months before the date of
summit is the best time. But we will follow the decision/policy from
openSUSE/SUSE. In our latest proposal the date tentatively set on
October 5-6, 2019. It is possible to change in several consideration.
We will discuss it with the local team and openSUSE.Asia Committee as
well as other Asian Community.
I will send again the proposal and budget estimation in the next email.

Regards,
--
Edwin

Regards,