[opensuse-summit] Re: The result of call for host of openSUSE.Asia Summit 2019
On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 11:26, Ana Martínez <anamma06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Congratulations Indonesia team! Thanks a lot to both teams for the effort and
eagerness put in the proposals.

The openSUSE.Asia Organization Committee has proved in the last years not
only to take the best decisions to spread openSUSE all around Asia but to be
an ideal example of what community organized conference means. I think (and I
believe that the rest board members agree with me) that a decision made by
the openSUSE.Asia Organization Committee doesn't need the approval of the
board and that you have all our support! The only thing missing is the
sponsorship which involves SUSE as well. The board have already publicly
expressed its desire of increasing openSUSE.Asia TSP budget (as you can read
in our meeting minutes [1]), but this is of course not official until SUSE
approves it. Do you have a budget estimation or any other detail we should be
aware of?

There is a budget in the PDF attached as part of the original
proposals, the grand total is $27,857

$9000 of that is apparently to be allocated from the TSP - Andrew were
you consulted with that? It sounds to me more than we usually have
available for the whole openSUSE project during a financial quarter,
or am I mistaken?

For the remaining $16,325 - SUSE typically sponsor openSUSE Asia
conferences $5,000, with any remainder having to be covered by other
sponsors of the event.

Now we have the Asia committees decision I'll bring this to the budget
holders at SUSE for their approval.

Is there any timeline for the sponsorship approval?

As fast as I can get, but it is dependant on the availability of
SUSE's budgets. Given this event will likely happen after SUSE's
transition from MicroFocus ownership to operating as an independent
company, I wouldn't be surprised if the situation is a little more
complicated than usual, but I'm confident we'll figure out a solution.

Regards,

Richard

Regards,

Ana