Re: [opensuse-summit] Artwork To-Do List
On 09/26/2013 04:01 PM, Andy Silva wrote:
Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 09/19/2013 05:40 PM, Andy Silva wrote:
Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hi,

On 09/03/2013 04:11 PM, Andy Silva wrote:
Hello friends

I put together a simple list of the artwork that needs to be done for
the summit. I am not sure that it is a complete list but that's the
reason why I am writing you all. These are the elements that are
generally present in an artwork to do list for myself.

This list is incomplete. So help me put it all together, that way I
can
work out a general design for all of them.

Community Flyers

- Yes
+ We need flyers that are ready to print that can be used at other
events for promoting the summit.

Local Promotional Flyer (aimed for Florida)

- Yes

Attendee Badges

- Yes

Geeko Money

- Yes
+ Although I am not certain yet if this will be used, but we
definitely need a design

openSUSE Pins

- No
+ The pin machine is in Europe and from my point of view having pins
made is not something we should spend money on

openSUSE Pens

- No

Baseball Caps

- No
+ I would like to get away from giving stuff away at our events and I
do not think the promotional value is high enough to justify the
cost

openSUSE T-shirts

- No
+ See my comment above
- IF
+ we can have a check box for OSEM that allows people to check if
they will buy a shirt upon registration, then yes we need a design
and need to make t-shirts
+ there is a request for this OSEM functionality on github

Bagpacks

- No
+ See my comments about the hat (cap)

Of course if people are convinced that we need to give openSUSE branded
stuff away please speak up. Then we have to figure out the funding and
what that funding will buy.

Later,
Robert

Hey guys

This is what I made under the artwork to-do list.

MONEY
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/GeekoMoney_zps83df8e76.png

Can you please customize the back of the money to show the Summit logo?

Yes! Although I read in other emails that we wanted to standarize our
geeko money so it can be used in any occasion. Maybe a conversation for
later.

I am fine with standardized Geeko money, but then the money shouldn't make any location reference, the current "standard" design reminds me of Rome or Greece, sorry if that is insulting to nationals, but the architecture in ancient Greece and during the Roman Empire with the massive stone columns is quite similar, at least to me.

That said we could have a picture of the globe or a world map on the back to indicate that Geeks are spread all over the world and use that as "standard Geeko money.

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx