Re: [opensuse-summit] More Banner Ideas
Hi,

Sorry for the delay......

On 04/01/2013 02:51 PM, Andy Silva wrote:
Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hi,

On 03/24/2013 10:32 PM, Andy Silva wrote:
Hello again

I am still working with some of the images taken from last Summit. I
asked AJ to send some of the pictures he took during the last session.
There is some good material we can take from there to create graphics
for the website. I tried my luck with this image from Michael and Andy
as they sat down to talk about the project.

I want to add this "vintage" color combination to the images. It makes
them a little warmer.

Obviously this is a test and is not final. There is still more that can
be done and maybe this image will not even make it, but it serves the
purpose of showing where I would like to take the graphics on the
website this year.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h414/anditosan/Banner8_zps71958e70.png

So if you are looking to have multiple banners to set up a changing
display that's fine. Otherwise I'd take the banner with the palm trees,
put a "Polaroid" frame around a picture from last years summit and
superimpose the picture towards the right of the banner.

My $0.02
Robert

Hello again

I have updated the banners using some of the images provided by AJ that
he took during the last summit. Along with the banners that I created at
the start of this process, these new banners provide a wider selection
of styles and ideas we could use for the website. Please choose the ones
that work and discard the ones that do not.

The sources are located under the banners folder for the summit on GIT.
Please check them out.

Lets go with Banner2 and Banner3

https://github.com/openSUSE/artwork/blob/master/Marketing%20Materials/Events/openSUSE%20Summit/Summit%202013/Web%20Banners/Banner2.png

https://github.com/openSUSE/artwork/blob/master/Marketing%20Materials/Events/openSUSE%20Summit/Summit%202013/Web%20Banners/Banner3.png

@SUSERocks
Can you start to hack http://summit.opensuse.org/ into shape using these 2 banners?

The dates for this year's event are November 15 - 17

Registration and CfP open May 15
CfP close Aug 10

People registering on or before Oct 10 get access to last day of SUSECon, everyone has access to the keynotes, session access is depending on space availability.

That should take care of the right hand column and the first "News announcement" for the center column.

Thanks,
Robert
Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx