Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-storage (2 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-storage] Limitations of the new LVM-based proposal
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 02:51:21AM +0200, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

I have been working in an approach for LVM-based proposal that offers
quite some cool features, like proposing a VG with several PVs to
optimize the space usage and similar stuff.

But I have a problem with that approach. I'm starting to feel the logic
is too hard to follow.

So I wanted to go back to square one and define a more dumb LVM
proposal. The resulting code will be easier to understand and will reuse
many components with almost no modifications. I just wanted to make sure
we all agree the following restrictions are acceptable.

2) If we need to create a new VG, it will contain just one big PV.

The old proposal can create a VG with several PVs.

But in the end the PO has to decide.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>