Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-storage (4 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-storage] Sizes in yast-storage-ng after introducing alignment in libstorage-ng
On 15.06.2016 10:59, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
Solution 1
==========

We could rename all the methods from libstorage from #size to #size_b
and thus recover the initial consistency.
What do you think?

IMHO 'size' without anything implies that it's bytes. size_k was just a reminder that it was nonstandard, calculating in kilobytes.

So I'd suggest to use DiskSize whereever it makes sense (i.e. mostly everywhere in the Ruby code) and otherwise leave plain size() where it doesn't - and where there is no danger of integer overflow (!).

Kind regards
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany