Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-storage (14 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-storage] legacy strategy and other things
On Thursday 2016-04-14 17:48, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

On 04/14/2016 05:11 PM, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:

(1) the current 'refinement' using Modules does not work and is somewhat
clumsy;

Can you please elaborate what you mean with "does not work"? For the
purpose they are being used in the existing code, they work quite well.

To add a useful #inspect/#to_s you have to modify the class itself. But from
your comment below I see that hits a sore point in the ruby world.

I just feel more confident using refinements than with wild monkey
patching and it's working just fine for me so far.

Currently, you have to remember to activate all kinds of refinements all
over the code. While this may count as defensive programming its also rather
tedious.

(4) what will an external user of storage-ng 'require'?

It depends on which parts it wants to use. For example, to use the proposal,

require "storage/proposal"
settings Yast::Storage::Proposal::Settings.new
Yast::Storage::Proposal.new(settings)

I would have expected require "yast/storage".

Why do we install to /usr/share/YaST2/lib und not /usr/lib64/ruby anyway?

Steffen