Re: [opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2016:2386-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nss
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:17:42 +0200 (CEST)

On 2016-09-27 17:42, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

See it the first time. My 13.1 test VM also didn't complain. The
messages seem to come from GConf or D-BUS, actually Firefox is
just using the GConf API and if it reacts like this I have no real
idea what to look at at the Mozilla code side. I'm also not
directly aware of any upstream changes which could cause this. In
short: I have no idea what this is about and it would probably be
nice to have input from Gnome guys.

My desktop computer has the problem, but the laptop doesn't. Both with
XFCE desktop. I will try to compare the rpm list of both, looking at
the last updates.

I just found that on the desktop machine one user has the problem and
another doesn't.

The user with the problem has it both on Firefox and Thunderbird,
starting simultaneously as far as I remember.

The problem disappeared. I have not noticed when/why, as I seldom boot.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)