Re: [opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] openSUSE-SU-2015:1658-1: important: Security update for MozillaFirefox
Hello,

On 10/01/2015 11:12 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 01.10.2015 um 11:03 schrieb Michael Ströder:
Rob Janssen wrote:

Why are the updates for Firefox and Chromium tracked continuously, while
Seamonkey is
updated only very occasionally? The version on openSUSE 13.1 is still
2.33.1
and Seamonkey
complains it is outdated.

Seamonkey is not able to keep up with the releases. Sometimes they skip
them, usually they are quite delayed after the related Firefox release.

Which sadly was true for a couple of months.
But 2.35 and 2.38 were released in a rather short timespan.
So it seems they're trying to catch up pretty soon nowadays.

Good question. Especially since Seamonkey 2.38 was released a couple of days
ago which is AFAIK based on the same components like Firefox 41. So if
Firefox
41 is an important security update then Seamonkey 2.38 would also be an
important security update.

I'll submit it soon. I just submitted Thunderbird 38.3 which also was
only available after quite some delay.

Looking forward to the update. Thank you!

The proposed seamonkey 2.38 update is now available for testing in the
13.2-test repository: http://download.opensuse.org/update/13.2-test/

If functionality of these could please be confirmed we can make an
update release very soon.

Andreas

--
Andreas Stieger <astieger@xxxxxxxx>