[opensuse-security] NULL pointer dereference related to glibc crypt()
Dear all:

I noticed you upgraded your xdm with a fix I developed for Xorg
(openSUSE-SU-2013:1117-1).

You might be interested to know this patch is part of an ongoing
project of mine where I am working with developers to introduce
needed protections for possible crypt()-related NULL pointer
dereference situations.

I share this as you might find some of these fixes valuable for
OpenSUSE.

My progress is being documented in Slackware's de facto bug &
discussion forum (LQ):
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/%5Bslackware-
current%5D-glibc-2-17-shadow-and-other-penumbrae-4175461061/

I am placing all patch files in a sourceforge project:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/miscellaneouspa/files/glibc217/

--mancha

PGP Key ID: 0xB5ABF4FFF7048E92
Key fingerprint = 7F1F E9BF 77CF 15AC 8F6B C934 B5AB F4FF F704
8E92