Re: [opensuse-security] wiki-template: links to NVD or MITRE wanted (or both templates?)
  • From: "pistazienfresser (see profile)" <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:48:23 +0100
Am 15/02/11 22:32, schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:22:27PM +0100, pistazienfresser (see profile)
wrote:
Am 15/02/11 21:22, schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 06:35:24PM +0100, pistazienfresser (see profile)
wrote:
TO:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/other-forums/community-fun/opensuse-wiki-discussions/452939-esier-linking-external-link-template-like-bugzilla-xyz.html#post2289406

I have made a small template that links with a CVE number to a
vulnerability of the according page of the National Vulnerability
Database. I am wondering if also or instead a template like that that
likes to the according page of MITRE is wanted/makes sense.

As more than one project is affected maybe you (pl.) would like to
answer on the forums?

It is missing also the possible to template
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/
for our fixed issues. (but the Evergreen ones wont appear there)

Ciao, Marcus

So a link to e. g.
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2011-0006.html ?
What would you think would be a practicable and easy to remember syntax
[x added ;)]
So like
{{Security|CVE-2010-4344}} or
{{Sec|CVE-2010-4344}} or
{{NSLs|CVE-2010-4344}} or
{{NSLS|CVE-2010-4344}}
to link to
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-2010-4344.html ?

And should that that the three templates make be able to be
distinguished by the look or look all alike?
The now existing make now both something like:
CVE-2010-4344

NovellCVE? If there is no good word we can leave it out I guess.
Do you refer to
the name of the template (and so the syntax in the wiki source code)
or
the look of the result on the article page
or
do you think both should be the same/according?

Its not fully necessary to link CVEs either I guess, as they usually are not
on Wiki pages. Just for the Evergreen overview currently.

If I remember right that linking was also my doing on the Evergreen 11.1
page.

If you take a look at it you see that I let just the pure CVE-ID be
stand and give a explanation where the links go in an other section of
the article (where in the wikipedias the external links are located).

By the way: Ist there anywhere an explanation about the
"Published Novell/SUSE Linux security updates by CVE number :
Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures"
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/
('NovellCVE'/'NSLs'?) and its cause and function?

Regards
Martin
(pistazienfresser)

--