Re: [opensuse-security] sshguard / SuSEfirewall2
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:34:32 +0100
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
in my OBS home project I've packaged sshguard
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=sshguard&project=home%3Awrosenauer

To make it as easy as possible to setup I've tried to provide sysconfig
and init.d stuff. The package might be an interesting addition for
contrib (or even Factory) IMHO but I wonder how it can be made
interacting nicely with SuSEfirewall2? Any hints on that?

SuSEfirewall2 wipes all rules and installs them from scratch each
time it gets called. So externally installed rules get lost. You
could have your program write it's rules to a script that can be
called by SuSEfirewall2 via FW_CUSTOMRULES though.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel