Re: [opensuse-security] Problems with Squirrelmail update
  • From: Jim Flanagan <linuxjim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 07:59:59 -0500
Thomas R. Jones wrote:
I've had a similiar error on other packages. I'm not sure as to the
root cause. I'll have to implement other access controls to find
out---todo.

Anyways, you can recover from this error by moving ReleaseNotes to
ReleaseNotes.orig. And then touch ReleaseNotes.

This saves your original object which has been incorrectly defined as
a directory. Just in case anything goes awry. And then creates a file
object on your system that may be correctly processed by rpm.

You will probably find out numerous objects are fragged this way.
OK, understood. But how do I edit the RPM to touch the ReleaseNotes?

Thanks,

JF