Re: [opensuse-security] Problems with Squirrelmail update
  • From: "Thomas R. Jones" <thomas.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:12:48 -0500
I've had a similiar error on other packages. I'm not sure as to the root cause. I'll have to implement other access controls to find out--- todo.

Anyways, you can recover from this error by moving ReleaseNotes to ReleaseNotes.orig. And then touch ReleaseNotes.

This saves your original object which has been incorrectly defined as a directory. Just in case anything goes awry. And then creates a file object on your system that may be correctly processed by rpm.

You will probably find out numerous objects are fragged this way.

Cheers. Thomas

Sent from my iPhone