[opensuse-security] Alpha level OVAL descriptions available
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:40:10 +0100
Hi folks,

I have now a working ALPHA quality level generator for OVAL descriptions.

These are currently available via:
http://www.suse.de/~meissner/oval/

Some things in those files are missing, but they can already
be run through the reference OVAL interpreter ("ovaldi").

Sample call:
ovaldi -m -a /usr/share/ovaldi/ -o opensuse.11.1.xml
(ovaldi is in the buildservice security repo)

There is a full.xml but ovaldi takes 6 hours on my PowerMac G5 to run it,
so better use the product files.

Note that the included identifiers are not stable yet and there
is lots of tuning to do.

Ciao, Marcus