Re: [opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] SUSE Security Announcement: Mozilla Firefox (SUSE-SA:2009:012)
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:40:44 +0100
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 04:34:29PM +0100, Frank Steiner wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote

1) Problem Description and Brief Discussion

The Mozilla Firefox browser is updated to version 3.0.7 fixing various
security and stability issues.

Updates are provided for openSUSE 11.0 and 11.1 currently, backports
for other Mozilla Firefox browsers and Mozilla Suite programs will
follow.

I somehow doubt this :-/ Unless my SLED update is broken or I've missed
sth. (and I apologize if that's the case), the same was said for the
last FF security announcement from Feb 16:

Fixes for older Firefox and other Mozilla versions are being worked on.

That's 4 weeks ago and nothing happened. Maybe all those bugs did not hit
the 2.0 FF (but then this should be stated clearly). Otherwise it would
mean that there haven't been fixes for a "remote code execution" (as
stated in the announcement) for the SLES/SLED Firefox for more than 4
weeks now. This isn't acceptable for Enterprise versions!

Yes, we have some backporting issues currently, since the maintainer changed.

Also the 2.0 branch is officially out of maintenance, but there are some
backports.

I will try to get updates soon.

Ciao, Marcus