[opensuse-security] Announcement: New searchable CVE index
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:26:20 +0100
Hi folks,

To improve our information for customers we have been setting up and
testrunning an CVE index page.

The full index is at:
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/
the individual CVEs are at:
http://support.novell.com/security/cve/CVE-200X-YYYY.html

And a search box for this index is at:
http://www.novell.com/products/security.html
(you can not just search for CVE numbers, also for packages, like
"firefox")

The CVE entry page list affected products and packages and their respective
versions, and also contain links to https://download.novell.com/ and the
security advisories.

Please note:
- The Bugzillas in there are usually closed for Novell-only usage.
- We currently do not post "non affected" or "work in progress" states.
- The Novell Download links are still occasionaly misplaced.
- The index is generated and pushed once a day during the night.

I appreciate comments regarding the content of those pages.

If you find missing CVEs or incomplete / incorrect data, always feel
free to query us at security@xxxxxxxx

Ciao, Marcus