[opensuse-security] SASL2 + SAMBA - WinBind
  • From: Ariel Sabiguero Yawelak - INCO <asabigue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:12:10 -0200
Hi all!
I am trying to configure SASL2 authentication against a remote samba/windows server, but all experiences I found on-line seem to suggest to use winbind as the prefered solution. I intend to authenticate cyrus+postfix users with it.
Is there a way to avoid Winbind? I don't want to add all those users to the system, and I would also like to avoid winbind problems.

Can you point me to a good howto? Can you point in a better direction?

regards

ariel