Re: [opensuse-security] udev rules; use of uucp group for devices
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:44:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday 2008-10-02 at 09:05 +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

groupmod --add-user USUARIO uucp

Huh? Why is that less complicated than
# echo allow modem user=usario > /etc/resmgr.conf.d/50-modem.conf

As I'm not the user that posted the problem and said it was too difficult for him, I don't know. :-)

Perhaps because it is not a modem, he has an HP calculator.

I will try myself with another device I have.

[...]

Ok, yes, you are right, I was able to connet to my Nokia phone.

Actually, I'm double happy because it has been a year since I could connect... I wiped the contacts of the plug with a screwdriver (being no-name means not gold plated). It was a hardare problem, not software!

I'll insist on this user to try your trick.

Thankyou!

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.