Re: [opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] Package management security on SUSE Linux
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 03:06:57 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2008-07-20 at 12:33 +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:

Or at least, an "add repo module", that could display more info, like a
description of the repo, list of persons responsible for it, signature
keys, software they maintain there, etc.

We are trying to do such a module/dialog, but so far we have not had good ideas
on how to do it.

Some kind of draft work would be welcome.

Dunno... you know that there are some programs that do some key checking, like seahorse, kgpg, and a module in mozilla, if I remember correctly. Some of that functionality could be used, but that's an overkill; maybe calling one of them with appropriate options for some of the handling :-?

Dunno, that goes outside my knowledge, I can't think of details for that module; only that it would be nice to have it :-)

perhaps:

view/list keys
sign keys
edit trust level of a key
check/update trust chain
import keys [by id from keyserver / from repo]
remove key
edit comments on key

add/remove/edit keyserver

see repo description
(into add repo module? when importing key from repo?)

But you already know this, I suppose.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.