Re: [opensuse-security] How can I disable SuseFirewall on opensuse 10.3 and use my custom rules?
  • From: "Jonathon Robison" <jrobiso2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:14:39 -0400
Have you checked the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network/config and dhcp?

In one of those is an instruction to start the firewall when a
connection comes up. Thus, your ifup is doing exactly what it has been
told to do - bring up the suse firewall. You have to tell it to stop
doing that in one of those files I listed, and then run "SuSEconfig"
to ensure the change is propagated.

--Jon Robison