Re: [opensuse-security] recent suse-build-key update
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:44:59 +0200
On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 10:34:18PM +0800, Joe Morris wrote:
Not sure if this is the cause, but it is the only thing that makes
sense. While checking the package management via Kpackage in a machine
running 11.0, I noticed that there were an enormous amount of
gpg-pubkeys, with lots of duplicate entries (many I know to be suse
employees. I decided to count one and there were 36 of that one, the
next looked about the same. I deleted about 20 via rpm -e --allmatches
gpg-pubkey-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx (i.e.key) and am only up to the J's. Can
anyone else confirm they also see it? This was updated from 10.3, but
my 10.3 machine only had 2 with multiple duplicates (over 300). Is this
a post script gone crazy? If it wasn't only this system, then I will
file a bug, otherwise I will remove the duplicates the slow way.

Did you keep a list?

We had an issue where sometimes the same key was imported several times,
which might have caused these duplicates.

Also, every openSUSE BS repo has its own key.

You can query and manage the keys using either YAST2 packagemanagment
(GPG dialog in the repository manager).

Ciao, Marcus