Re: [opensuse-security] Re: only wheel members can su as root
  • From: Marcin Matyla <mata23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:25:11 +0200
Hi

IMHO the best way is using pam_wheel.so.
You have to replace one line i /etc/pam.d/su and /etc/pam.d/su -l
#auth include common-auth
auth required pam_wheel.so trust use_uid

and then only users in wheel group will be able use command su.

Regs.
Marcin

Dnia sobota, 26 kwietnia 2008, Jay Jesus Amorin napisaƂ:
Hi,

Please bear with me, I'm new to this group and suse as well. my
question is, is there a way to configure suse that only users that are
member of the group wheel can su as root?

Thanks