Re: [opensuse-security] loop-AES problems ...
  • From: Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:05:50 +0200
On 29.12.2006 10:42, Roman Pindela wrote:
> Hello, there !
>
> I just need any kind of help with mentioned loop-AES's way of encrypting
> data. It happend that I encrypted ..luckily ?, I don't know .. my super
> confidential data... but I'm not able now to read it. .... I mean I can't
> setup encrypted loop device on my files. That's what I get :
>---- linux-ej56:/mnt/media/music # losetup \
> -e aes-256 /dev/loop1 /mnt/media/music/DvM01a.data
> Password:
>
> << and the answer is .. >>
>
> ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument, requested cipher or key length
> (256 bits) not supported by kernel
> linux-ej56:/mnt/media/music #

Sounds like the cryptoloop kernel module is not loaded. Do this to see if this
is the case:

# lsmod | grep cryptoloop

If it is not loaded, do so with:

# modprobe cryptoloop

See the manual for modprobe for details and other options.
To make the module load at boot time, see what system-wide configuration file
is used. Here on SuSE, this is /etc/sysconfig/kernel
(MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT).

Cheers!

--
Blade hails you...