Open port in SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:53:12 +0200
I'm new to SuSEfirewall2 and I'm struggling to get access to my openSUSE
10.1 workstation from remote locations. The purpose is to run NX
server/clients and SSH in the first phase. So far port 22 of my network
router is directed to the SuSE workstation, and I've tried with YaST to
enable the ssh service in the firewall. But the workstation doesn't seem
to respond on remote ssh commands.

Looking in /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 the following are set:

FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="microsoft-ds netbios-ssn ssh"
FW_SERVICES_EXT_UDP="netbios-dgm netbios-ns"

I'm not sure about use of required zones EXT, INT and/or DMZ?
In YaST2 I could neither see a way to set both "ssh 22" as commented in
the config.file?

Suggestions to how to do this and to what is the preferred way to test
the settings, locally and from remote?

Thanks,
Terje J. Hanssen

< Previous Next >