Re: [suse-security] Password length
  • From: Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:38:03 +0300
On 16.10.2006 13:25, Miguel ALBUQUERQUE wrote:
> Why can't one increase the password length ?
> I've changed the password length to 15 and encryption method from DES to
> MD5 due to DES length limitations but when I create an user the password
> is truncated is still truncadet to 8 chars !
>
> What am i missing here ?

Use blowfish as hashing algorithm.

--
Blade hails you...

My tale is the most bitter truth:
Time pays us but with earth and dust, and a dark, silent grave.
Remember, my child: Without innocence the cross is only iron,
hope is only an illusion and Ocean Soul's nothing but a name...
The Child bless thee and keep thee forever!
--Nightwish