Re: [suse-security] Open port in SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <terje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:43:39 +0200
J├╝rgen Mell wrote:

Next step would be to check whether the SSH daemon is running at all. As
root at the workstation enter

rcsshd status

# rcsshd status
Checking for service sshd running

If a remote ssh
connection does not work, try it from the workstation itself:

ssh localhost
Does this work or do you get any error messages?

~> ssh localhost
The authenticity of host 'localhost (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 2a:34:.............................
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Password:
Last login: Mon Oct 16 09:32:33 2006
Have a lot of fun...

Looks like ssh is running and working on my Linux box.
I have no other Linux boxes internal on LAN to test ssh from, though the telnet as mentioned gave a message.

The problem is still to get external response/access throught port 22 forwarding on the separate router.

Terje