Re: [suse-security] Password length
  • From: "Miguel ALBUQUERQUE" <miguel.albuquerque@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:02:32 +0200
<pedrocsort-e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 16.10.2006 17:42:31:

> Hi,
>
> I also have Suse 10.1 with lattest up-dates.
>
> My
> /etc/security/pam_pwcheck.conf
> only contains:
>
> password nullock
>
> and I have no
> /etc/default/
> directory ?!?!
> Also my /etc/passwd is a plain "normal" passwd file.
> the /etc/shadow contains the correct Blowfish
> passwords.
>
> Do you have Local authentication on your system or do
> you use NIS ?

I was using LDAP auth. and I kinda figured out that I had concurrent
user's db ! Some users where listed in /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow but not
all. I think that's my issue. I just need to clean up and set local auth
instead of LDAP for all users and modules. I don't have much idea where to
look conf files though. Basically, how one changes from LDAP auth to Local
? What are the security implications ? Any hints ?

Many thanks

Miguel Albuquerque
Network Administrator

DISCLAIMER
- This message is intended for the use of the named person only. The
information contained in this E-mail is confidential and any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. This message does not represent a
formal commitment by Codalis SA. Codalis SA is neither liable for the
proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt.