Re: [suse-security] Open port in SuSEfirewall2 SOLVED
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:15:18 +0200
I'm happy to tell that remote connection to my Linux workstation now is
solved. The "problem" was that the Netscreen router itself can be
administrated by using ssh, even it was disabled. As soon as the port
number became changed to 2222, the expected traffic went through. That
is, my Linux workstation responded immediately as expected on ssh.

Thanks to all who spend time and helped me troubleshooting this problem.
At the same time I've also got some useful lessions in this subject. Now
that standard ssh works, included ssh -X as well, I'm ready to go
further with the planned NX client/server, which makes full X-desktops
useful over Internet connections.

Thanks
Terje J. Hanssen

< Previous Next >