Re: [suse-security] Boot password
  • From: "Jithendra " <jithendra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:04:57 +0530
Hi ,
What I'm looking for is not the root password (not looking for single user
mode options). I want to chage the BIOS settings. I suppose I can make a
rescue boot floppy/disk and boot through it by changing the priority in the
boot loader.

I am looking for an easier way to do this !

On 10/30/06, John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sunday 29 October 2006 23:53, Jithendra wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I forgot the boot password of my SuSe desktop. Can anyone provide me a
> workaround to change the boot options or way to disable to boot password
> prompt.

Well if you were some guy trying to break into your machine would you
appreciate it if we all rushed to aid you?

Boot to single user mode from your install cd.