Re: [suse-security] Boot password
  • From: "Jithendra " <jithendra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:19:22 +0530
Hi guys ,
To clear the confusion ... I'm able to boot but not able to change the bios
settings.
I haven't tried the hard reset yet, will certainly let you know once I'm
done with it.

Thank You ,
Jithendra.

On 10/31/06, Amit Joshi <mckagan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/31/06, John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Given that he CAN'T BOOT AT ALL, because he does not know the
> > > password, what sense does it make to worry about such things?
> >
> > Where and when did Jithendra (the OP) say that? Can you show the
> sentence
> > where he says that he can not boot?
>

> He said it right here:
>
> http://lists.suse.de/archive/suse-security/2006-Oct/0055.html
>
> "I forgot the boot password of my SuSe desktop. Can anyone provide me a
> workaround to change the boot options or way to disable to boot password
> prompt. "

He said that he can't change the BIOS Settings. This probably means that
he
has password protected his BIOS. He said he's able to boot to the SuSE
Desktop, which indeed means that he can certainly boot, and has not
password
protected the entire system, but only the BIOS Settings.