Re: [suse-security] antivir updates not working anymore under 10.0? SOLVED!!
  • From: Arjen de Korte <suse+security@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:47:20 +0200
Matthias Keller wrote:

> I finally found the problem after reading a thread of someone with not
> enough free space on /tmp
> This wasn't my problem, BUT, I've set the noexec flag on /tmp for
> security reason - and this seems to make updates impossible !!

This is a well known problem with people not understanding what the
noexec flag really does. It really adds no additional security at all
(since the ways to circumvent this are well known for years already) and
potentially crash other applications as well.

> I've added the --temp option now and it seems to work

The best solution is to remove the 'noexec' flag.

Regards,
Arjen