Re: [suse-security] sendmail update for suse 9.0 ?
  • From: Jörn Ott <suse-lst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:39:27 +0200
Rainer Duffner schrieb:

> I prefer Matt Simerson's toaster-setup:
> http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster.shtml
>
> But there are more:
> http://www.qmailrocks.org/
> http://www.shupp.org/toaster/
> http://www.qmailtoaster.com/
>
> The problem is: you still have to have a good idea what the scripts will
> be doing in the background, or you're really lost in case things don't
> work anymore (but you can then hire the guy who wrote the tutorial - as
> I said, most have created a business out of it...)

but with a little effort, you can find out a lot about SMTP, qmail and
so on, even if you don't understand everything right away.

Gentoo portage is a very nice way, to get around the DJB restrictions
for the qmail sourcecode. If you have the right ebuild (my brother
worked a lot on the official qmail ebuild), it will do all the patching
and compiling for you. For these "rare" cases, the portage system would
be of use in a suse environment. However doing the QA for this will be a
PITA for the SuSE team.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jörn Ott
Jörn Ott Telefon: (0 22 24) 94 08 - 73
EDV Service & Beratung Telefax: (0 22 24) 94 08 -74
Lohfelder Str. 33 E-Mail: mailto:white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
53604 Bad Honnef WWW: http://www.ott-service.de/

< Previous Next >
List Navigation