Re: [suse-security] sendmail update for suse 9.0 ?
  • From: Reto Inversini <inversini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:27:17 +0200
<...>

> I do agree with (all of) you. Nothing easier than using the bundled
> Postfix. It is quite easy to use, and there is as much information as
> I may ever need. And I did use it some time ago.
>
> But I am also looking to improve my knowledge, the possibilities I
> offer to my customers, say with qmail, exim or whatever. And including
> some detailed and specific instructions for installing qmail on
> SuSE... would be a definitive advantage for qmail and lazy
> administrators like me.

I strongly suggest to read life with qmail
(http://www.lifewithqmail.org/) written by Dave Sill, it gives you all
the information needed to install, configure and maintain a qmail
server. If you don't go with stock qmail but rather with netqmail (as
suggested in life with qmail), you will have a handful of the most
useful patches at hand.

If you follow the instructions to the point you will get a solid
installation of qmail. In case of any problem you may ask for help on
the qmail list. But be warned, don't ask FAQs on the qmail list and read
the archives before asking - otherwise wear your asbestos suit ;-)

But if you like a packaged MTA with whistles and bells that runs great
just out of the rpm, postfix is the way to go.

Best regards
Reto

< Previous Next >
List Navigation