Re: [suse-security] Patch information retrieval failed
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:39:21 +0200

Miguel ALBUQUERQUE schrieb am 11.04.2006 09:06:
> Hello guys,
>
> I got this error when manually updating a system :
>
> ERROR(You:Error parsing patch description.)
> Error parsing 'Deltas' attribute. Line '
> xorg-x11-server-6.8.2-100_100.4.i586.delta.rpm 245406
> 3ad5216c49cc61665280daa091d520e8 xorg-x11-server-6.8.2-100 1126567701
> 3e051563544c6ffdf167c19a999566c4' doesn't have form 'filename size md5sum
> name-edition-release buildtime srcmd5sum seq'.
>
> Is that me or the patch description is corrupted ?

Miguel,

I try on every YOU server in germany available now, and I get this response
from everywhere. So either the patch or its description are broken.

At least, it is not only you ;-), it seems to be YOU :->

> Many thanks
>
> Miguel Albuquerque
> Network Administrator
>
> CODaLIS SA
>
> Chemin de Trèfle-Blanc 18
> 1228 Plan-Les-Ouates / CH
>
> TEL : +41 22 827 30 80
> FAX : +41 22 827 30 33
> http://www.codalis.ch
>

> DISCLAIMER
> - This message is intended for the use of the named person only. The
> information contained in this E-mail is confidential and any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
> this information is strictly prohibited. This message does not represent a
> formal commitment by Codalis SA. Codalis SA is neither liable for the
> proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
> communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

HTH
Werner

- --
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH,
Permoserstr. 15 - 04318 Leipzig
Tel.: (0341) 235-3921 - Fax (0341) 235-453921
http://www.ufz.de - eMail: werner.flamme@xxxxxx

IMPORTANT - ANTI-DISCLAIMER - This email is not and cannot, by its
nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across
the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system
administrators along the way. If you have received this message by
mistake, it would be ridiculous for me to tell you not to read it or
copy to anyone else, because, let's face it, if it's a message revealing
confidential information or that could embarrass me intensely, that's
precisely what you'll do. Who wouldn't?
Likewise, it is superfluous for me to claim copyright in the contents,
because I own that anyway, even if you print out a hard copy or
disseminate this message all over the known universe. I don't know why
so many corporate mail servers feel impelled to attach a disclaimer to
the bottom of every email message saying otherwise. If you don't know
either, why not email your corporate lawyers and system administrators
and ask them why they insist on contributing so much to the waste of
bandwidth? To say nothing of making the presence of your mail on public
discussions or mailinglists of explicitly contratictory nature.
May as well just delete it, eh? Oh, and this message is probably plagued
with viruses as well.