Re: [suse-security] Firewall denying outgoing connections?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:05:06 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2006-04-14 at 17:33 +0200, Camaleón wrote:

> Just a thought, but check your firewall's rules for outgoing packages.
> The rule you said before is defined as follows:

As far as I know, as I didn't write the firewall script, none. I only use
the configuration... This is SuSEfirewall2, you know.

> FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP
> Which TCP services _on the firewall_ should be accessible from
> untrusted networks.
>
> So this rule seems to be used to allow or deny external sites
> accessing to local computer.

I know. So that's why I ask why the heck is it denying _some_ outgoing
packets. Not really denying, but saying it is an error. What error?

(google points to hundreds of questions, no answers)

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson