Re: [suse-security] Re: SUSE Security Announcement: gpg,liby2util signature checking problems (SUSE-SA:2006:013)
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:37:36 -0600
On Tuesday 07 March 2006 6:08 pm, Malte Gell wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 02:00, Roman Drahtmueller wrote:
> > > YOU doesn't check signatures. It is a security issue. Be very
> > > careful of the
> >
> > Why do you think YOU doesn't check signatures? I mean, besides the
> > bug...?
>
> Maybe he talked about own, self set up repositories? I guess YOU can
> also be used e.g. internally in a LAN or at home to provide users with
> own stuff, canĀ“t it? Is YOU capable to check own signatures as well in
> such situations?
>
> Malte

Apologies to all. I do not know what the heck I was talking about. Please
forgive my bad post. Oldenhiemers disease most likely.

Malte, you are too kind, thank you. I wish that was my excuse.

Marcus, keep up the great work and thank you for calling me on my mistake. I
wish I could say this was part of your annual review and you passed the
test - politely asking a customer why they are being stupid - and the
increase in salary will be reflected in your next 200 paychecks.!.!.!

Sheesh...

Stan