Re: [suse-security] sendmail update for suse 9.0 ?
  • From: "Kai Schaetzl" <maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:31:19 +0100
Frank Steiner wrote on Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:26:56 +0100:

> Take the src.rpm for 9.1, remove the BuildRequires line in the spec
> file, rpmbuild -ba, and let it run on 9.0

I've got the same problem as the original poster. Did you already try this
approach or was it only a suggestion? I know that I can change the spec
file, but if the somewhat older libraries on 9.0 have a different API this
still won't work. I also still have two 8.2 machines which cannot be
upgraded in a reasonable time frame. Might the 9.1 src.rpm also work on
these or is it guaranteed that that there's too much changed regarding API
between these library versions? Did anyone try it?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany