Re: [suse-security] Turning off susewatcher
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:16:23 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-03-28 at 08:22 -0500, Lee Brotzman wrote:

> How to I make it so that susewatcher does not start when I log in? I've
> unselected the box in the dialog that says "Start automatically", yet it
> still starts up at login. It's irritating because it keeps telling me that
> security updates are available even though I've installed them all. It would
> be nice if it came with any documentation, but that doesn't appear to be so,
> and I don't have a use for susewatcher in any case. By the way I use gnome,
> not kde.

Impossible, at least with Gnome. Known bug, aka feature (SuSE 9.3): it is
hardcoded. Search the archive of suse-linux-e list around the time when
SuSE 9.3 came out for disccusions about this.

I deleted it - rather, I renamed it:

/opt/kde3/bin/DAMMsusewatcher
/opt/kde3/bin/DAMMsuseplugger

The name reflects my frustration...