Re: [suse-security] Turning off susewatcher
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:00:04 -0500
Lee Brotzman <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:04:00 AM EST:

> Marcus Meissner wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 08:22:34AM -0500, Lee Brotzman wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How to I make it so that susewatcher does not start when I log in?
>>> I've unselected the box in the dialog that says "Start automatically",
>>> yet it still starts up at login.
>>>
>>> It's irritating because it keeps telling me
>>> that security updates are available ... (snip)

[....]
> Hurumph. Now susewatcher is claiming there are no new updates
> and the Show Last Log" button is grayed out.
[....]
> ---<Text trimmed>---

Hi,

Carlos gave a way to turn susewatcher off,
and it sounds like that will solve your problem.

I ran into a similar problem as you reported.
However, I have noticed that if I do
# SuSEconfig --verbose
and
# rpm --rebuilddb
after I have downloaded using YaST whatever
whatever it tells me I need to update,
(even if I have updated using fou4s,
and if nothing is shown I still do
"accept" and "close" after marking "taboo"
the rpms I don't want to update (eg "kernel");
susewatcher is happy and doesn't falsely tell me that
security updates are available. YMMV.

Gar

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.